Here is an important thing you should know about lead generation:
44% of B2B marketers have generated leads through LinkedIn
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. This number puts LinkedIn on the top of the list – with Facebook and Twitter coming behind respectively.
It’s a common trend to include social media in every marketing strategy to achieve goals in the most effective way. As a matter of fact, social media marketing is now a standard for all organisations.
Online marketing is such a huge map to be laid out and there’s just so many branches – and sub-branches – underneath.
With all that said, we will be discussing how to use LinkedIn so you generate new B2B leads. And here’s the catch – YOU DON’T NEED TO SPEND SOME BUCKS! All you need to do is follow the tips below.
So, let’s get started!
Lead generation using your company page
Have you ever thought of using your company page to generate leads?
We often overlook at the power of simple things such as the description section of your profile, what you do as a business, and other fields where you put all the facts about your business. You may have done these simple things, but one question remains:
Is it compelling?
A compelling company page does not only include important details your audience needs to know. It has to be explained cleverly. Take a look at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts business page:
The first sentence already creates a connection – which is the best way to pitch a business. Most of the people do not stay long when a page looks boring and less interesting.
Engage users quickly to raise their interest in tapping you as their partner. When they become interested, that is when they begin digging deeper until trust is built. When trust is built, everything else follows.
Another thing to consider, carefully select your profile photo. Remember that it serves as your brand, so make sure that when people see this, they know right away what your business does and what’s in it for them.
When publishing content, it isn’t only about sharing good insights. Sometimes, the least useful topics are the most trending ones.
LinkedIn is a professional site – that’s a fact. But let’s admit that it can be boring when things get too formal – that’s why you need to do it in a tone that engages with your audience, but without compromising your professional image.
A great content is:
- engaging (with the use of images, infographics, and other visual materials)
- contains relevant links to credible resources
- consistent from the beginning up to the end
- valuable to business processes
- timely and rational, and
- worth sharing
So, why do you need to invest in content publishing?
It allows you to sell products and/or offer services either directly or indirectly, aggressively or passively – depending on your marketing strategy. A lot of marketers use the power of content marketing to promote their brands by showing expertise in their niche.
Just imagine how far your business can go when everyone knows about your business. Social media is a word-of-mouth marketing, the cheapest form of all.
Create groups and join discussions
Creating a LinkedIn group – or joining others – allows you to:
- research further what the market demands
- initiate discussions to bring potential leads together
- build your reputation and network
- see new opportunities
- listen to the advice and any constructive criticism from others, and
- become more socially responsible by catering needs – and beyond
After building a solid connection with your leads, they are more likely to invite their friends to join the discussion. Now that’s a great way to keep the leads coming in.
Bonus tip: Mentioning people might be helpful during discussions. Your audience will love it!
Advanced search tools
Did you know that you can also use LinkedIn search tool for prospecting clients and partners?
Yes – and you can do it with the Advanced Search feature of LinkedIn. This allows you to customise your search by filtering:
- the levels of connection
- use a set of preferred keywords
- connections of those leads connected with you
- current companies
and many more!
So, if you want to target specific leads, this search tool is ideal for you. Here is a comprehensive guide for you to read.
Data Export Tool
Want to know how to easily prospect using LinkedIn?
It’s easy! Just follow these steps and you will have the data you need.
- Hover over your profile photo at the top right corner of your screen.
- From there, click Manage beside Privacy & Settings.
- If you’re using the latest version of LinkedIn, scroll down and click on Go to previous version of Settings. If using the previous version, proceed to the next step.
- Click on the Account tab and choose Request an archive of your data
- You will be directed to another page where you can request an archive of your data
- Wait for an email for the download link
- Once you received the email, simply click the link and you will be redirected back to LinkedIn. The page should look like this:
After downloading, you will have all the data archives sorted to causes you care about, connections, contacts, organisations, skills, and many more.
Want to know more strategies?
If you want to know more about optimising your social media accounts, systEmise has the tools and strategies to help you grow your business. Talk to us at email@example.com and our energetic social media team is there to give you a helping hand.