WordPress is open source software for creating and publishing websites
What this really means is that you own your investment in your website . Strictly defined as “Computer software with its source code made available and licensed with a licence in which the copyright holder provides the rights to study, change and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.”
WordPress started life in 2003 and its popularity has grown massively – it’s now used by over 17% of all websites on the internet.
- WordPress is incredibly flexible and can be used to customise any types of site.
- Before, it takes days even weeks to build a website from scratch. Today, you can build your website within a day via WordPress website design.
- It is versatile — perfect if you have one page website up to custom-made e-commerce systems.
- It provides a very easy-to-use CMS1 so anyone can quickly schedule and publish web content.
- WordPress has over 15,000 plugins available, so it is easy for web designers to add new features or attributes to meet the requirements and standards of clients.
- It’s built to be search engine or Google friendly so prospects can easily find or search your website.
- It is highly secure, robust, scalable, and above all, future-proof.